Sunday, February 10, 2008

New Leg of the Journey


Well.......so much has happened since I last posted. After 22 years of marriage my husband asked me for a divorce. Last night was my first night in my new place. It has been an emotional roller coaster. There were some many memories of wonderful times and we made two wonderful children. The reality is that since I got sober 4 years ago we have grown on two very different paths, especially spiritually. It became clear that this leg of my journey was to be done solo. I have had to work hard to remember that my Higher Power and sobriety must come before everything else, for without them I will have nothing. A decision had to be made about the future and it was tough, but ultimately it came down to one thing........for me, to drink is to die.......and the marriage, the way it was going was leading me closer to a drink. I have been busy with packing and moving and unpacking......but as I begin this new leg of my journey I will be blogging the pains and the joys, as that is always so helpful for me......Thanks to those of you who keep checking here and asking where I have been. Thanks to those who have held me up during this difficult time of change, especially I am grateful for the strength given me by my Higher Power.

4 comments:

butterflygirl said...

Oh Rex, my heart goes out to you. Stay focused...have faith...pray.

Kathy Lynne said...

Thanks for sharing and for being a role model of how to handle pain in sobriety. I have a fear that this may be where sobriety will lead my marriage but not for today. I wish you continued strength.

dAAve said...

So sorry about the marriage, but I shall look forward to hearing about your continuing journey.

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your marriage. I wish you continued strength on your journey.