Thursday, February 14, 2008

Jesse's Day

Six years now since that day I learned of your ultimate sacrifice. My journey has been long and this last year the pain has come more often than the joy. I have fallen off the beam many times. My commitment to you has kept me sober, although I have not always been emotionally sober. This anniversary finds me with a renewed willingness to gain emotional sobriety and a sense of peace and serenity. They say that growth is painful, so I know that much growth is happening right now. Just a few weeks ago I traveled to Minnesota to visit with Mable and to attempt to regain my direction. It was an eventful week, although it is still difficult to take a thorough and honest inventory of one's life.



I had some clarity flow into me and today I feel as though I am back on the beam. I made a commitment to myself and my Higher Power while on that trip. Even though I have been home only a few short weeks I have begun the work necessary to achieve emotional sobriety. Today I re commitment myself to you. Thank you for the gift of life and the opportunity to fulfill God's purpose in my life. For you and for myself, I will continue the necessary work to grow spiritually and achieve emotional sobriety, as well as, being true to the physical sobriety I promised you two years ago.



I love you Little Man. Godspeed, Sweet Dreams

Mom

No comments: