Friday, January 11, 2008

KVOE

There is this wonderful guy in California who was for many years my sponsor's sponsor. He had this saying that made no sense to me early on in my sobriety, but it makes perfect sense now. On Thursday I will be headed east to see Mable for a much needed vacation. This will be a chance to get my Ego back in check. When I visit Mable for some reason God's voice always seems to get louder for me.

"I have a radio station in my head. KVOE, the voice of Ego: it runs 24/7 with a negative monologue. But I have the power to change the station to KVOG, the voice of God at any point I chose to."



By Jack K. (My Grand-Sponsor)

5 comments:

twodogsblogging said...

Thanks, my head is running tonight on KVOE. Thanks for reminding me.

indistinct said...

Funny how I use will to tune to KVOG but it always seems to slip back to KVOE on it's own. (mmmmmm, maybe not on it's own.)

Thanks for the reminder.

Kathy Lynne said...

Yeah, sometimes I end up listening to WSHIT....thanks for helping me find the KVOG.

Trudging said...

Hey that is good, I will pass it on.

Mama Dukes said...

where are you?