Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Steps 1,2 & 3



I have found that bottoms in sobriety suck. I am POWERLESS and the actions I have been taking lately So I am back to the beginning......I can't, He can, so I'll let him......sounds so simple. I spoke with my sponsor and really discovered what has been going on on my life lately. I then had to meet with a sponsee......I was pretty down and beating myself up at the beginning of the day. The sponsee and I reviewed steps 1,2,3 and took the third step together. It was so freeing for me to be able to give her a real life example of my powerlessness today, my addmission of defeat and then be able to get on our knees and turn our will and our lives over to the care of a Power Greater than ourselves. It was a good day today.

5 comments:

butterflygirl said...

Glad to hear it was a good day.

Anonymous said...

For a truly unknown reason I was led to your blog, I have almost 14 years clean and sober, and every day, moment, month or year has held amazing lessons, I get to keep growing up forever if I remain teachable and sober. Please never forget you were meant to be here!
Lani P
www.wisdomofthecrone.com

Judith said...

The best advice I have been given when I feel completely powerless is the reminder that I am not required to DO anything. All I have to do is BE. For some reason, that calms me - it's like what another AAer told me, we're human beings not human doings (that's a little corny). At any rate, the answers seem to come to me, or the problems seem to fade away if I just "be".

It sounds like you're keeping a good program. Hang in there.

Phyllis said...

Hey, I made a post on step three also!!
Cool!!

indistinct said...

I can't, He can, so Ill let him.

Thank you for sharing that.