Sunday, November 25, 2007

Four Things


Four things a man must learn to do

If he would make his record true:
To think without confusion clearly;

To love his fellow men sincerely;

To act from honest motives purely;

To trust in God and heaven securely.
by Henry van Dyke
This poem is so simple. Yet simple is what keeps me going right now. The program teaches me to keep things simple too. For now I can only get through each day one at a time and do the next right thing. Trust God, clean house and stay close to my program, my goal for each day. I have no idea what the future holds and i have fears and doubts but I know that strength and trust in my Higher Power will get me through all this and in the end, whatever happens will be just the way it is suppose to be.

2 comments:

Namenlosen Trinker said...

This reminded me of The Four Agreements:

        • Be Impeccable With Your Word
        • Don't Take Anything Personally
        • Don't Make Assumptions
        • Always Do Your Best

Shadow said...

that IS a beautiful poem.

and thanks for that sweet comment. i just love people who think positive like you!