Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Concert




Well the music was great and the scenery was out of this world. My planning proved lacking though. I knew there would be booze and dope all around me but just figured I could handle it. What I didn't plan for was that my co-workers that went with would be participating in those activities, leaving me as the lone sober person. Way theu figured it was a designated Driver.......was an incredible test of my faith. It took every darn second of praying my ass off to get through it. So the lesson learned is concerts sober are cool but bring a sober friend along for support!

10 comments:

msb said...

Way to go Dude. Theres alot to be said about being spiritually fit. You get to have your music and see it too? ;+)

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Dude!

Greetings and lotta loves from Malaysia.

butterflygirl said...

I'm glad you made it!

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

cha Rexi - YOU da' woman!

dAAve said...

A good lesson.

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad to hear that you made it through it... with God on your side.

:)DayByDay

Namenlosen Trinker said...

I have a Deadhead sponsee who goes to all kinds of concerts. At Grateful Dead concerts, there's a particular place where the sober fans always gather. If I remember correctly, it's right in front of the sound mixer. Perhaps this is standard for all concerts? If I don't forget, I'll ask him when I see him tonight. Or maybe you can ask around in the rooms and figure out how to find the sober folks at these events. Just in case your HP wants to treat you to another concert.

Namenlosen Trinker said...

I did indeed remember to talkd to my sponsee tonight and have posted much better information at my blog.

Trudging said...

Yes, it is a very good leason for all of us. I am so glad that you remembered to pray.

Mama Dukes said...

grateful you made it