Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Pure Joy is Contagious


Last night I attended the County wide Christmas dance for adults with developmental disabilities. I'm absolutley exhausted today. I am also striving today to be more like those clients I serve everyday. I learned what true jod and hapiness looks like while at this event. I have learned so much from serving these folks....they have taught me about joy, hapiness, over coming adversity, positive outlooks, honesty, unconditional love to name just a few. I never sat last night, I just got passed from one person to the next, and the joy was contagious. I left the dance on a kind of high, a high that only true happiness brings. I am so grateful that God has guided me into this career path. Though there are struggles, stresses and heartache, though I don't make very much money, this is by far the most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life. I actually look forward to getting up and going to work.
I am also filled with gratitude and awe this morning thinking of my baby girl. She turns 21 today....hard for me to believe it has been that long that she has been here to bring us joy.

2 comments:

Mama Dukes said...

I hope you keep dancing!
love you Rex

indistinct said...

Sounded like sincere fun. Way to go.