Saturday, December 29, 2007

Out In The Fields With God


The little care that fretted me,

I lost them yesterday,

Amoung the fields above the sea,

Among the winds at play,

Among the lowing of the herds,

The rustling of the trees,

Among the singing of the birds,

The humming of the bees.



The foolish fears of what might pass

I cast them all away

Among the clover-scented grass

Among the new-mown hay,

Among the rustling of the corn

Where drowsy poppies nod,

Where ill thoughts die and good are born -

Out in the fields with God!



Author Unknown

I am amazed at the way my cares float away when I am in communion with my Higher Power. When I trust in that power and try to do Thy will not mine, life is never more than I can handle. This last year, 2007, was one of tremendous growth for me......unfortunatley I seem to always learn things the hard way and therefore experience a lot of pain. Often the pain is of my very own making, mostly because I allow my ego to guide my way instead of following the will of a Power Greater than me. Always when the pain gets bad enough I remember what I'm supppose to do and turn those things over to that Power, fix the wrongs I can and am amazed at how things fall into place. My goal for this new apporaoching year is to work on letting go of that ego a little sooner so I don't have to suffer so much pain to get to the other side. I am grateful for all the blessings I have been given this past year, the lessons learned and the wonderful relationships my Higher Power has helped me to restore. I am especially grateful for my family, my sponsors, my sponsees, and the fellowship for giving me the strength and guidance to get through each day.

6 comments:

dAAve said...

Enjoy the New Year.

Recovery Road London said...

A happy and peaceful and sober 2008 to you!

butterflygirl said...

With the pain comes gain.
Happy 2008!!!

Redhead Gal said...

Happy New Year!

msb said...

thanks Rex, your wonderful. I know you and your family are going to have a great new year with thinking like that.

Mama Dukes said...

I don't understand the why of having to do things the hard way or grow because of pain but I know its true.
Have a very wonderful not soft and easy way 2008