Friday, April 14, 2006

Letting Go




My Dear Child:
I know that you have issues with trust, and it's often difficult for you to believe in me.

So it may seem hard for you to accept my unconditional love and the idea that I am indeed concerned with every aspect of your life. You are in this place because I brought you here. Be open to what I have to tell you, show you and give you.

Your disease helped you cope with your life before. It made it tolerable, but now its time to let go of the ways of the past. I have such big plans for you! Trust that these plans are good. I did not bring you this far to let you fail. You are at the edge of the cliff, and I keep calling for you to step off. You shout, "I'll fall" but I am telling you, you'll fly and soar like an eagle.

You are stronger than you know. I will empower you if you ask me. I will help you make all the difficult decisions and keep the committment. I will put people in your life to help you. I will never allow you to be tempted beyond your ability to resist, or even ask anything of you that I haven't already empowered you to do.

Those inner yearnings you have are also my desires for you, for peace, prosperity, love, and recovery. I want you to have all of them.

Love, Your Higher Power


I am at the jumping off place. I am trusting that I am here because you have brought me here. Therefore, I will have the strength to endure and in the end I will soar. Though I cannot see it, I am counting on your words and pray that you bring me to that place that is good, where I will live in peace, prosperity, love and recovery.

8 comments:

JJ said...

Beautiful.......always a pleasure to come here and read such inspirational stuff.
I see you,
JJ

Anna said...

Did you post this before or after our talk this morning?? My first reaction is fu ..I will do it all myself. I am so thankful that I get to go to a meeting tonight. This is a really post and will prolly steal it...just not today.

madameplushbottom said...

I love this reading - I posted it a while back on my site. I can't read it often enough. Jumping off is the hardest thing to do and also the action that will reap the best and biggest benefits.

Jump Rex!

Green said...

I love and loved two Rex's in my life... my father, gone from cancer too young, and my brother, who makes me proud. There is one other name that I love most of all, and instead of a title (no offense to you) like "Higher Power" there is a name. Jesus. Ahhhh I found Him when drugs and alcohol ended me. (I'm not a fruit loop, I promise :)

Green said...

I love and loved two Rex's in my life... my father, gone from cancer too young, and my brother, who makes me proud. There is one other name that I love most of all, and instead of a title (no offense to you) like "Higher Power" there is a name. Jesus. Ahhhh I found Him when drugs and alcohol ended me. (I'm not a fruit loop, I promise :)

Green said...

I love and loved two Rex's in my life... my father, gone from cancer too young, and my brother, who makes me proud. There is one other name that I love most of all, and instead of a title (no offense to you) like "Higher Power" there is a name. Jesus. Ahhhh I found Him when drugs and alcohol ended me. (I'm not a fruit loop, I promise :)

Rex said...

123...thanks for stopping by. I have loved another Rex to.......My Grandfather. We shared a name and a birthday and now I miss him every year when The day arrives and I celebrate without him.

Gooey Munster said...

This is so beautiful. Thank you.